Friday, August 21, 2009

Well, I'm still here...

I haven't died, no matter how much I may have wanted to. I may still be dying though. I'm not sure. My honey is being a trooper about it. He asks if there's anything he can get me. He asks if I'm ok. He asks if I've taken anything. He asks if I'm going to go to the doctor.

It's these last two we are having issues with. See...I'm not a fan of cold medicine. I rarely find it helpful. The decongestants rarely decongest and the sleep aides rarely aid. I'm rather a fan of the old mantra that your cold will be better in 14 days if you take the medications, drink orange juice, and eat chicken soup. Your cold will also be better in 2 weeks if you don't do a damn thing either. He finds this information less than comforting. I find it to be reality - a very pricy reality bestowed on me thru the benefit of several hundreds of thousands of dollars, 4 years of general medical training and another 4 years of specialized training. (Ok. that training was in psychiatry but I really am a real doctor, dammit!)

I back these bits of information up with the sad sad truth that is...no doctor can help me. Not me, not my superdoc cuz (who has hightailed it to paradise apparently) and not my doctor. I just have to suck it up, put my biggirl panties on and get thru it. I know a virus when it jumps up and tries to kill me. I'm not sick enough for this to be bacterial and until it hits bacterial land, there's nothing anyone can do to speed up my sickly little immune system. My honey did not want to hear this. I think he was quite put out that I was sick and he couldn't offer any suggestions to fix it. He likes to fix it. I like him to fix it. He just can't fix this...

well, actually he can...in about 2 weeks!

Until then, I plan on trying not to whine, too much. I'm trying to bone up on the rest and the fluids - and not even the fun fluids either! And I plan on taking my sick ass back to work on Monday. I think it's been long enough to say I tried to keep from infecting the rest of the world. I took two days off. That's enough!

At least it better be.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, now that my dying cousing has graciously allow her superdoc cuz to comment I can tell you all that she does make wine. Or at least knows how to help, which was why I named my winery "Red-Headed Step Winery" after her. Am sorry to hear she caught her death of death. She will be better soon. Zinc helps. Chicken soup helps. I'd like to say sex helps too. Okay, so I'll say it, even if it's not true! Lots and lots of fluids help. Rest helps. And being pampered frequently by the man you love also helps a lot. Get better! - J

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.....the bf always tries to be helpful. (ask me about his care when I got my eyes lasered and he chickened out!)Glad to hear you aren't dying yet....was it a bad batch of jam?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sex DOES help! Yet she's still got the cough...

    ReplyDelete