Sunday, September 27, 2009

And on the 7th day...

there wasn't that much damn resting to be had! I hate it...but I love it too, lol.


MBH and I may have gone a WWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE bit loopy at the new PC Richards store that just opened up at the Moorestown Mall.  We were going in there to buy him a computer (so HE thought! mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!).  While he was putting his folks' new computer together, I told him to check it out and if he liked it, we should buy it - given that his folks got it for

$350!!!!!!!

That's including a nifty copier/scanner/printer dujib.  So, while he was checking it out, I was checking out the circular.  And what did I spy with my wittle eye...a brand spanking new flat screen LCD HDTV for a goddamn STEAL!  While he's waiting for the new computer to do its thing, I show him how all our dreams can be had for the piffling price of $880.  He thinks I've lost my damn mind, lol.

Who knows, I may have!  Weeks from now, you can all say, yep, that's where it started, that damn PC Richards advert, lol!

He thinks for a minute and agrees it is just the bestest price.  So, we go home and decide to hit the store the next morning.

One 46" HDTV,
One new surround home theatre system with wiggy new upgraded DVD player,
One brand spanking new remote guaranteed to, by GOD, run every fucking thing we OWN,
and 47 other cables later, we walk out.

Forget the computer we went in for and go BACK and get that too...

(I jest.  We went back twice, lol!  Ok I jest some more but come on, that'd be REALLY funny if I HAD been telling the truth!)

Now, we're home with a bunch of toys. 

BIG FUCKING WOOPTIDO!

This just means one thing...spending another frelling fortune to set the whole thing up, both up and down.  See, now we've got a wonderful TV, DVD, TiVo downstairs with no home...UPSTAIRS!

Yep, so now we've got to get something to put it on as it can't fit on the damn floor!  This means going to one of my new favorite places, the Williamstown Amish Market and buying an unstained undecorated TV/stereo cabinet with a glass door.

THIS means now going to Lowe's and buying stain/varnish to finish it off.

Oddly, this was the easiest part! lol  Who knew staining and varnishing could be easy?!?

While waiting for that to dry, my beloved honey and I come to one very clear conclusion - if aliens dropped down with their pulse pistols pointed directly at our heads announcing we were going to be the next in line for Nebari mind-cleansing, we STILL couldn't make this 79 goddamn cables fit into 13 different slots and make this new system work! 

FUCK!

It does mean however that IF we can get the old system upstairs, there's half a chance we can figure out how it went together in the first place so we have some sort of TV again.

(I mean seriously, the Race is starting tonight dammit!  I NEED my TV!)

In between cooking up 4 different batches of the best yumminess EVER  (ham and bean soup, lentil soup, beef and barley soup, and chili if you want to be killed with jealousy), we get the TV back up and running JUST in time to see Bret save the Viks day with, no shit, 8 seconds left on the clock, and to see the Lions WIN!

No, you read that right, they WON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like MBH said - you can't lose'em all the time, lol

So, now we're billions in debt, exhausted, hurting in more joints than I thought I had, only to be watching the exact same TV we were last week...

it is upstairs though, so I can watch from what will undoubtedly be my death bed!

3 comments:

  1. wow.....want to spend...I mean send some of that electronic goodness my way? LOL I am a whiz when it comes to hooking up electronics.....have fun with your shiny new toys....

    and as for the "media whore" and the effing "purple fairy ballers" that play in a pussified dome.....PHUCK THAT! (your BH can explain the sheer hatred). I actually picked the Lions to win today. Next week they will lose to Da Bears! (that comment should provide all the explanation necessary about the above fore mentioned media whore)

    have fun in electronicsville!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, send me a ticket back to boston, I'll hitchhike down to Jersey and put it all together. LOL. You must become one with the electronics. No, don't put your finger there unless you want a perm. Feel the vibe. If that doesn't work, call Ken, he should be able to fix it. He put that behemouth of his together didn't he? - Jason

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got about 50% of everything hooked up (computer, most speakers, TV itself) in the first week, the PC Richard tech/salesman came yesterday and did 48% more (everything else left), and then Comcast yesterday finished the job with the required "CableCard" for the TiVO system. We are up and running!!

    ReplyDelete