Sunday, September 13, 2009

I think I'm gonna need a bigger boat...

Ok, Ok, Ok...my beloved honey's best friend says...HEY! Your girl makes jam, right?

yep, I do.

Do you think she'd like some pears? I know you don't like'em, but would she like some? My boyfriend's mother has a pear tree and she's got extras.

sure...I'd LOVE some fresh home grown pears. Who DOESN'T like pears...honey??????? He's obviously a freak, but I'll love him and I'll keep him even IF he doesn't like pears. Tell Ann I'd love some pears.

Asian pears.

Even better! I love Asian pears like mad but they're too expensive and too underripe in the stores for my taste so this'll be fantastic!!!!

It's a lot of pears.

No worries. I can make jam from a lot of pears. Besides, how many can "a lot" be?????? It's only ONE tree!?! It cant' be THAT many, right?

From this exchange, MBH and I drive up to Trentonish areas so we can go to Joe's Crab Shack and meet up with Ann and Pete. I've never gotten a chance to meet Ann yet...in person...we've talked on the phone, online, hell I've even stayed over at her place when she wasn't there.

(Oh shit...um...Mom...if you're reading this...um...MBH totally wasn't even there. He was at his folks place. We were totally not shacking up at some strange location. Um...I was just goggie sitting for Jake. Um...YEAH! That's it! I was watching Jake while Ann was...um...in Atlanta...for...something...RRRRREEEEEAAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY important.)

And Ann has even been to my place while I wasn't here. We've done everything except actually, you know, meet. So, we're off to Joe's! Yep, Joe's...to crack crab. I love crab. I love any food you are absofuckinglutely expected to play with and make a BIGGGGGGGG enough mess that bibs are mandatory. If you're one of my 3 rapid stalker followers (LOL) you'll know from my last post that I'm wounded. Just a little injury. Minor even.

EXCEPT IT'S A SIDELINING INJURY IN THE WORLD OF CRAB CRACKING!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, that (probably shoulda been sutured) little cut on my thumb that is still occasionally bleeding (now a week later) is more than enough to keep me from being able to crack crab.

FUCK.

Oh well.

Drink

Meet Ann

Get pears.

Remember when she said it was "a lot" and I thought, what, a couple of dozen, maybe, tops?

Photobucket

THAT'S A FUCKING JUMBO FAMILY-SIZE LAUNDRY BASKET FULL OF PEARS PEOPLE!!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Totally a manjob carrying that thing! lol

But, thanks to the Bible of jam books...I was able to turn that into this: Photobucket 6 half pint jars of pear jam with vanilla, 6 of plain pear jam, and way in the back, 3 quarts of pear sauce (think applesauce but with pears).

Quite an equitable exchange, I should think!

Now...to get some back to her and her honey's mom before I eat it all! lololol

2 comments:

  1. I told you it was A LOT of pears! LOL and I was with his mom today....she's so not worried about not getting any before you eat it all.....in fact, she wants you two to come pick the rest of the tree clean for her....(think quadruple the big basket you already received!) I just laughed and said you were "peared out" for now. I have no desire to climb that tree and drop pears on my best friend(s) and my lover boy's head!

    ReplyDelete